• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I keep her out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KeepHerOut

My soon to be ex-wife has moved out while I maintain residence in a house in both of our names in the state of Georgia. The property is currently up for sale. She has retrieved most of her personal effects. She still recieves some mail here, but also at her new residence. Do I have any rights to keep her out of the house, especially when I'm not present? At one point she agreed to contact me before visiting the house, but this past weekend she showed up unannounced. She called me from the driveway after realizing I was home. When I questioned why she didn't call, she said she didn't think I would be there and it wouldn't be a problem. I worry that I'll come home one day and find things missing or that she has been going through my personal effects. Officially we have not filed for divorce yet, but have been living appart for about three months now. I don't have open access to her new residence and believe she should not have open access to mine. Are there any forms I need to file to prevent her unwanted presence in the future? Should I send/file a change of address notice so that she has no other need for access to our property? Is this situation similar to owner/tennant relationship? Please, anyone with a comment or advise in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

seniorjudge

KeepHerOut said:
My soon to be ex-wife has moved out while I maintain residence in a house in both of our names in the state of Georgia. The property is currently up for sale. She has retrieved most of her personal effects. She still recieves some mail here, but also at her new residence. Do I have any rights to keep her out of the house, especially when I'm not present? At one point she agreed to contact me before visiting the house, but this past weekend she showed up unannounced. She called me from the driveway after realizing I was home. When I questioned why she didn't call, she said she didn't think I would be there and it wouldn't be a problem. I worry that I'll come home one day and find things missing or that she has been going through my personal effects. Officially we have not filed for divorce yet, but have been living appart for about three months now. I don't have open access to her new residence and believe she should not have open access to mine. Are there any forms I need to file to prevent her unwanted presence in the future? Should I send/file a change of address notice so that she has no other need for access to our property? Is this situation similar to owner/tennant relationship? Please, anyone with a comment or advise in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Q: Do I have any rights to keep her out of the house, especially when I'm not present?

A: Not until (if and when) you get a court order in your upcoming lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">