• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I proceed next ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ntma08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have been married 14 years, with three kids. Out of those 14, we have gone through a lot of ups and downs due to certain unhealthy life style choices my husband chooses to make.

Each time , I decide to leave, he makes some changes, but they only last a couple of months, and we go right back to where we were. I feel really bad for my kids, because they don't know for sure whether we are going to stay together or not.

What I really want is to be seperated from my husband , since I believe he needs to live by himself for now, until he deals with those unhealthy choices , and not an outright divorce. (On basis of my belief)

I can leave with the kids and find another house, but the problem is that our current home is solely in my husbands name, and I believe he is most likely going to try to sell if we move . If he does, is there anything I can do to stop that ?

Are there any other options open to me to get seperated (My husband will not move - tried before , he said he was going to move, and didn't ) outside of a divorce ?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have been married 14 years, with three kids. Out of those 14, we have gone through a lot of ups and downs due to certain unhealthy life style choices my husband chooses to make.

Each time , I decide to leave, he makes some changes, but they only last a couple of months, and we go right back to where we were. I feel really bad for my kids, because they don't know for sure whether we are going to stay together or not.

What I really want is to be seperated from my husband , since I believe he needs to live by himself for now, until he deals with those unhealthy choices , and not an outright divorce. (On basis of my belief)

I can leave with the kids and find another house, but the problem is that our current home is solely in my husbands name, and I believe he is most likely going to try to sell if we move . If he does, is there anything I can do to stop that ?

Are there any other options open to me to get seperated (My husband will not move - tried before , he said he was going to move, and didn't ) outside of a divorce ?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Was your current home purchased before your marriage, did your husband own it before the marriage, was it a gift? That will determine whether you have a stake in the house or not.

Not a legal response, but I'd encourage you to find the book "Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay" (I might have those reversed since I loaned my copy to a friend) and/or get some counseling so you're sure what you want to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">