+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    outtacontrol3 Guest


    My wife and the mother of our two children left in july 2000, and left the children with me I have recieved divorce papers and I answered and also counterpetitioned her how do I prolong this divorce. She is trying to take the children from me when she want nothing to do with them except for every other weekend if she was not busy. To through a twist into it when she left she was pregnant and has since gave birth to our third child, while she was pregnant she was using x-tasy and mariguana. When i saw our new baby i took a hair sample from her and had it tested and it showed that the mother was useing drugs during the pregnance. She has an attorney and I do not, I am filing all my papers myself, but i need to prolong this divorce as long as i can "HOW DO I DO THAT"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Where ever the Military tells me to

    Prolonging the divorce

    I'm no lawyer but it sounds like you need one and you need one fast. If she is and has done all of that even a not so good lawyer can help the judge see that she is unfit. To answer your question your going to have to ask for a continuance to allow you to have time to gather your evidence. Since I don't know what stage of the process your in I can not give you a more dinfinative opinion. Please go ans see a lawyer your money will be will spent. It may cost but in the long run it will be worth your childrens safety. Jump out here on the net and due some reseach. I have and it's helping my lawyer out and saving me money. I do the research and tell him where to find it so the time consuming job of finding what we need to win is not cost anything. I provide the knowledge and he puts it into the legal format for presentation. Good luck and GOD Bless you. Do not let her take those children with out supervised vesitation since she has left you. get a court order that the children will stay with you during the proceedings. Sorry for the long answer.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
  2. divorce and maintenance bein a canadian citezen served divorce papers in colorado
    By mullets73 in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
  3. Divorce question about how court views debt at time of marriage and divorce.
    By captain149 in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 04:36 PM
  4. Divorce Attorney Failed to to include a parcel of property in the divorce agreement
    By country life in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 09:11 PM
  5. Modifying Divorce decree for Spousal support after divorce is final
    By shawnsexton@hot in forum Alimony & Spousal Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 06:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.