• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I request his bank statements?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onmyown2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My husband only worked for a few months during our 3 year marriage. He was injured on the job and was awareded a workmans comp settlement of $17000 March of 2008. He quickly opened an account in his own name. When we split in July of 2008 he took all that money plus about $750 from our shared savings. He has never paid any bills or mortgage payments. How would I get a hold of his bank statements? I believe that I am entitled to half of the money. Thank you,What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

My husband only worked for a few months during our 3 year marriage. He was injured on the job and was awareded a workmans comp settlement of $17000 March of 2008. He quickly opened an account in his own name. When we split in July of 2008 he took all that money plus about $750 from our shared savings. He has never paid any bills or mortgage payments. How would I get a hold of his bank statements? I believe that I am entitled to half of the money. Thank you,What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Its often successfully argued that workman's comp settlements are separate property. It depends in part on whether or not he has ongoing medical issues that the money is intended to cover.

mistoffolees

You get his bank statement by requesting full disclosure (for both you and him) through the court.

You may not be entitled to half of his workman's comp. As your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">