• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I secretly divorce my husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abusedwmn2003

What is the name of your state? Illinois. I have been married to my husband for a year and a half. I am in the military and I want to divorce him. I am the only one working and we have a kid. He have threated to kill me. How do I divorce him secretly or file without him knowing?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

abusedwmn2003 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois. I have been married to my husband for a year and a half. I am in the military and I want to divorce him. I am the only one working and we have a kid. He have threated to kill me. How do I divorce him secretly or file without him knowing?

My response:

You can't. He's entitled to "Notice" of the action, and "Due process of Law" (his day in court) - - especially when there's a child of this marriage.

However, if you are in fear for your life, then you should file for a Restraining Order. That will keep him away from you. You better have some real good proof.

While he's away from you, then file your action for Dissolution, and have him served at the location where he's staying.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">