• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I serve papers on someone living in a foreign country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jetset55

What is the name of your state? TX

My wife and I married in Mexico in 2003, she currently resides in Peru and would like a divorce.

I would like to do a divorce on-line (i.e. www.divorcelawtexas.com), but am concerned that some question will arise about how the papers are to be served.

The wife is available, I could call her right now and speak to her, she will also sign anything that I send to her, but how do I ensure it will hold up in court?

Thank you for any and all answers, they are appreciated.:)
Jetset55

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? TX

My wife and I married in Mexico in 2003, she currently resides in Peru and would like a divorce.

I would like to do a divorce on-line (i.e. www.divorcelawtexas.com), but am concerned that some question will arise about how the papers are to be served.

The wife is available, I could call her right now and speak to her, she will also sign anything that I send to her, but how do I ensure it will hold up in court?

Thank you for any and all answers, they are appreciated.:)
Jetset55
Then don't use an online divorce service. If she is willing to cooperate, hire yourself an attorney to handle the divorce. Its not going to cost a ton if its uncontested and if she will sign anything you send her.

jetset55

Then don't use an online divorce service. If she is willing to cooperate, hire yourself an attorney to handle the divorce. Its not going to cost a ton if its uncontested and if she will sign anything you send her.
OK, well thank you very much LdiJ. I suppose for the long term benefit in terms of being free from this person, the cost of the lawyer is worth it, I appreciate your response.

Jetset55

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">