• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to file contempt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtking

What is the name of your state?Wisconsin. Ex won't pay his part of health ins on minor child as court ordered. How do I file for contempt, or do I need a lawyer? If I can do it myself, where would I find the forms needed? Thanks!

As far as I know

mtking said:
What is the name of your state?Wisconsin. Ex won't pay his part of health ins on minor child as court ordered. How do I file for contempt, or do I need a lawyer? If I can do it myself, where would I find the forms needed? Thanks!
As far as I know, you don't need a lawyer to file contempt. You need to go over to the courthouse where your divorce was handled and file there.

- Tom

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mtking said:
:) duh, not dense, tried courthouse, they don't have them and said they cannot offer advice etc.

My response:

Oh, bullcrap. Every courthouse has the forms. Either you didn't talk to the filing clerk, or you're lying. Also, the filing clerk has pamphlets on this subject, or you can buy a "How To" book at Barnes & Noble book store.

IAAL

mtking

Yeah, I'm lying, and I am also lazy. It is much easier to post a question on the internet, wait for a smartass reply and then write back. I started with this option cuz I thought you might actually want to help people. Thanks for your time... sorry to have been such a bother...

mtking

You are also right that I may not have talked to the person who knows what is going on, and I will try again. Thanks again :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

alive and well said:
Yes people who hind behind glass windows , have little you know whats.

My response:

I hope you're not talking about those brave men and women who sit behind the glass Civil Filing Windows in our court system! They might get upset with you.

IAAL

mtking

By the way, my stupid, lazy, lying, cheap, and unattentive drove 45 min to Madison where they told me that they do not give out papers or advice. So, I am going to find my own way out of this mess, thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:

bsvested

I have no clue how to use this forum, however, think it can help. I'm responding to WI who was wondering about contempt for lack of child support. What do the laws say in your state? They could garnish his wages.

mtking

I am getting child support. I aint getting insurance reimbured by him for our child. Our county doesnt carry the forms to put him in contept!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">