• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to find hidden community assets?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JKBee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington,

My son's wife has left him and we know she had a bank account in her name only and hid this from him. He is unemployed and has two kids to care for. Is there any way we can get this information on the hidden assets in this bank account?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

My son's wife has left him and we know she had a bank account in her name only and hid this from him. He is unemployed and has two kids to care for. Is there any way we can get this information on the hidden assets in this bank account?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ask the court for an order for her to disclose financial information.

And no need to post twice to ask one question.

LdiJ

If your son is unemployed and she was using her income to support the whole family then how do you know that there was anything IN that bank account?...or that the bank account didn't contain separate property? (such as premarital funds, an inheritance or a gift from family)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">