• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get dicorced if I no longer live there.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

howtodivorce

Nevada. I got married in Nevada, Las Vegas, but now me and my ex we finnaly want to have a legal divorce since we no longer live togehter at all for a couple of years. Only the case is that we are no living in Nevada but according to the law: "no court has jurisdiction to grant a divorce unless either the plaintiff or defendant has been resident of the State for a period of not less than 6 weeks preceding the commencement of the action."

We both live outside US. We are swedish. But we never registred our merrige in Sweden. So according to swedish law we never have been married at all. So the sewdish court can not divorce us, but neither does the Nevada court.

So how do we legaly get divorced or do we have to remain married for the rest of our lives?
:eek:

howtodivorce

Well the Swedish law already said they can not divorce us because we were never marreid in Sweden acording to their register. So we stay married enternaly.. or what :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">