• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get lost decree..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I'm not sure HOW this happened however I have just simply realized that I don't know where my divorce decree is from 2000.

I have the case number written down in the folder that it's supposed to be in... With all the stuff I've had to deal with I'm not sure where's it's gone. Is this public record and I could write the courthouse in that county to get another??? I want to have one in my files, never know when I need it.

TIA

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tigger22472 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I'm not sure HOW this happened however I have just simply realized that I don't know where my divorce decree is from 2000.

I have the case number written down in the folder that it's supposed to be in... With all the stuff I've had to deal with I'm not sure where's it's gone. Is this public record and I could write the courthouse in that county to get another??? I want to have one in my files, never know when I need it.

TIA

My response:

Simple. Call the Civil Filing Clerk of the courthouse where your dissolution was granted, and get the price of a copy. Then, send your request letter, along with your case number and money, with a stamped, self-address return envelope, and you'll have a new copy in no time.

IAAL

tigger22472

I was pretty sure that was all i'd have to do just thought I'd check..

BTW.. IAAL you have a stalker.. johnson2(think that's the name) is trying to ruin your name... I thought you did well on your own... but hell I stuck up for you... go to the post started by Awesomemom... What's she's doing is BS.... and I told her so...stop her now while she starting.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yes, I've been reading. It's okay. Like "VeeGee" this morning, when I pulled the plug on her, Johnson2 will be gone tomorrow morning.

And thanks for your kind words, and acknowledging my sharp tongue.

IAAL

tigger22472

Well what I said was true.. you aren't always nice.. but hell we don't pay you so who said you have to be nice??? But for someone to say you don't know the law is uncalled for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">