• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to get out of 7 years of marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zehra

What is the name of your state?
houston,texas.
I have been married for 7seven years now. i have one daughter who is four years old. I had an arranged marriage and i was a green card holder at the time of my marriage. after my wedding i moved from chicago to houston. my husband was on H-1 working for a good company in houston. i was very lonely in houston because i had never known or seen it before. i did not feel close to my husband so i kept in touch with my family namely my cousins. i had this dream lovey dovey concept of marriage not knowing anyting about my husband's nature or habits did not help . my husband was always very reserved and let me be so i was independent but felt very alone. anyway after my daughter was born within 3months we moved into a first home and i felt my husband being more reserved with me and wanted me to finish school with a small child. I had a tough time being a first time mother, moving with an infant and trying to understand my self and learning to care for a baby who had several health problems and need care. although he was a loving father he was a very aloof husband. then his parents moved to the country befor the baby's first birthday and he left me with her for 18 days to go bring his parents who are mom 74 yrs and dad 79 yrs. then in the following months and years all my husband listened to and made his priority was his mother who is controlling. the mother would not let my husband sit wtih me or share a meal with him she would say the baby disturbed his rest time meal time when he came home from work. she would publicly insult me and ask my husband to consult with his neice on everything. the neice had say in most things in fact she had my husband on speed dial whether we have dinner plans or going out some place the mother in law ,my husband and neice had a say or knew and planned out what need to be done. we moved to our second home because my father and mother in law cannot stand each other so they need separate bathrooms they already had separate rooms.
BASICALLY MY HUSBAND AND I LIVE LIVE LIKE STRANGERS AND IT IS GOING FROM BAD TO WORSE . HE TALKS TO MY DAUGHTER AND SPENDS TIME WITH HER MORE THAN ME AS LONG AS I AM THE NANNY. I CAN'T DO THIS I KEPT TRYING FOR 7 YEARS NOW BUT ITS NO USE. I WANT THE CUSTODY OF MY DAUGHTHER BECASUE MY HUSBAND 'S PRIORITY IS HIS MOTHER AND WORK. WILL I GET CUSTODY BECAUSE HE EARNS AROUND 63K A YEAR AND I HAVE A PART TIME JOB WHICH IS NOT EVEN ONE TENTH OF HIS INCOME PLUS I GO TO SCHOOL PART TIME. I AM A U.S. CITIZEN AND SO IS MY DAUGHTER. MY HUSBAND GOT HIS GREEN CARD BECAUSE OF ME SIX MONTHS AGO AND HE BECAME MORE DISTANT AFTER THAT BECAUSE HE DOESN'T NEED ME ANYMORE.

LdiJ

zehra said:
houston,texas.
I have been married for 7seven years now. i have one daughter who is four years old. I had an arranged marriage and i was a green card holder at the time of my marriage. after my wedding i moved from chicago to houston. my husband was on H-1 working for a good company in houston. i was very lonely in houston because i had never known or seen it before. i did not feel close to my husband so i kept in touch with my family namely my cousins. i had this dream lovey dovey concept of marriage not knowing anyting about my husband's nature or habits did not help . my husband was always very reserved and let me be so i was independent but felt very alone. anyway after my daughter was born within 3months we moved into a first home and i felt my husband being more reserved with me and wanted me to finish school with a small child. I had a tough time being a first time mother, moving with an infant and trying to understand my self and learning to care for a baby who had several health problems and need care. although he was a loving father he was a very aloof husband. then his parents moved to the country befor the baby's first birthday and he left me with her for 18 days to go bring his parents who are mom 74 yrs and dad 79 yrs. then in the following months and years all my husband listened to and made his priority was his mother who is controlling. the mother would not let my husband sit wtih me or share a meal with him she would say the baby disturbed his rest time meal time when he came home from work. she would publicly insult me and ask my husband to consult with his neice on everything. the neice had say in most things in fact she had my husband on speed dial whether we have dinner plans or going out some place the mother in law ,my husband and neice had a say or knew and planned out what need to be done. we moved to our second home because my father and mother in law cannot stand each other so they need separate bathrooms they already had separate rooms.
BASICALLY MY HUSBAND AND I LIVE LIVE LIKE STRANGERS AND IT IS GOING FROM BAD TO WORSE . HE TALKS TO MY DAUGHTER AND SPENDS TIME WITH HER MORE THAN ME AS LONG AS I AM THE NANNY. I CAN'T DO THIS I KEPT TRYING FOR 7 YEARS NOW BUT ITS NO USE. I WANT THE CUSTODY OF MY DAUGHTHER BECASUE MY HUSBAND 'S PRIORITY IS HIS MOTHER AND WORK. WILL I GET CUSTODY BECAUSE HE EARNS AROUND 63K A YEAR AND I HAVE A PART TIME JOB WHICH IS NOT EVEN ONE TENTH OF HIS INCOME PLUS I GO TO SCHOOL PART TIME. I AM A U.S. CITIZEN AND SO IS MY DAUGHTER. MY HUSBAND GOT HIS GREEN CARD BECAUSE OF ME SIX MONTHS AGO AND HE BECAME MORE DISTANT AFTER THAT BECAUSE HE DOESN'T NEED ME ANYMORE.
Yes, it is certainly possible for you to get a divorce. Yes, its certainly possible/probable that you would recieve primary custody of your daughter since you have been her primary caregiver. However its very important that you have an attorney, and you need to make sure that you have the necessary money saved to provide yourself a place to live and to pay the attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">