• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does an uncontested divorce take in long Island, New York?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hazel69

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

Be advised that I filed for a divorce on January 2003 for uncontested divorce from my wife. I payed all my lawyers fees. My wife sighned the papers and my lawyer filed my papers around April of 2003. As of now my lawyer says that the paper work is in court waiting to be processed. He keeps telling me that I should be divorce in about 2weeks but after the weeks are up he keeps saying the same thing. Its been over a year now. I want to know how can i check to see if my lawyer is giving me the run around, can i see if my case is in the courts? And does uncontested divorces take this long in New York...I live on long island.

8/17/2004

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">