• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many days to respond to a motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dboy214

What is the name of your state? Arizona, Maricopa County Superuir Court,

In a post divorce decree, one party files a motion for court order on January 9TH. The responding party, acring without counsel, files a response on February 7TH.

In the mean time, the judge found in favor of the party who initially filed the motion stating the responding party failed to respond.

Ironically, the judge filed his findings on the 7th of February earlier in the day that the responding party filed their response. The respomding party found this out when a copy of the findings was received through the mail.

Doesn't the responding party have 30 days to respond and if so, what action can the responding party take?

This involves chuldren and time is critical so any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

H

hopelessinCA

:eek: I would check with your lawyer or the court about the deadline. When my spouse served a summons on me, I thought I had 30 days, because of what I heard. but when I called the court, they said I had 28 days.. and they included the weekends in terms of counting those days

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">