• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much time do I have to give

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Steppingout

What is the name of your state?Texas

I was wondering if there is a time limit that I have to give my stbx to come up with a loan to buy a truck that is in my name. This is the only thing that is commuity property. I know that I will have to sell it I just need to know if I can do it right away or have to wait, and if so how long do I have to give him.

LdiJ

Steppingout said:
What is the name of your state?Texas

I was wondering if there is a time limit that I have to give my stbx to come up with a loan to buy a truck that is in my name. This is the only thing that is commuity property. I know that I will have to sell it I just need to know if I can do it right away or have to wait, and if so how long do I have to give him.
Unless a court has ordered the two of you not to dispose of any marital assets, then you are free to sell it. However it would be wise to set any sales proceeds aside because you may be ordered to give him a share of those proceeds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">