• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to prove a marriage was never consumated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rogger

What is the name of your state?
Nevada
could any one help me know what are sufficient proofs tht one would need to provide in the courts that a marriage was never consumated?
thank you

justalayman

I would suppose that "if the wrapping is still on the box" so to say would tend to prove it.

Other than that he said/she said

Nocgirl

Something like that is almost impossible to prove.

If you are trying to get an annulment, a divorce is often much easier.

Rogger

actually I am interested in an annulment as the marriage was not consumated and i belong to a conservative society where divorce is considered a taboo
a divorce may be quick but i would prefer an annulment please suggest

justalayman

Rogger said:
actually I am interested in an annulment as the marriage was not consumated and i belong to a conservative society where divorce is considered a taboo
a divorce may be quick but i would prefer an annulment please suggest
When you speak of "a conservative society" there are several that come to mind, one of them being the Catholic church. In the case of the Catholics The church actually has their own system of annulment aside from the "legal" annulment. If one is granted anullment by the church the divorce is accepted because their annulment is what is of concern in the church. The divorce is of no consequence because to them, the marraige never took place.

brisgirl825

justalayman said:
I would suppose that "if the wrapping is still on the box" so to say would tend to prove it.

Other than that he said/she said
Are you speaking of the female hymen?

If so, you should surely know that the hymen can be broken for many numerous reasons besides sex. Horseback riding, physical trauma ie: auto accidents, tampons, masterbation, etc. In fact, there are many women born with no intact hymen at all.

There is absolutely no full-proof way to prove the virginity of a man OR a woman. It will always be he said, she said.

justalayman

brisgirl825 said:
Are you speaking of the female hymen?

If so, you should surely know that the hymen can be broken for many numerous reasons besides sex. Horseback riding, physical trauma ie: auto accidents, tampons, masterbation, etc. In fact, there are many women born with no intact hymen at all.

There is absolutely no full-proof way to prove the virginity of a man OR a woman. It will always be he said, she said.
Yes I was but it was meant to be more tongue-in-cheek than true advice.
But if it was intact that would help, although even this is not absolute proof.

brisgirl825

justalayman said:
Yes I was but it was meant to be more tongue-in-cheek than true advice.
I figured that, that was likely the case but I didn't want OP to think that it would be a "slam dunk" for him. ;)

Besides not many people are virgins at the time they are married. If she has had partners before, then it is all a moot point anyway.

justalayman

brisgirl825 said:
I figured that, that was likely the case but I didn't want OP to think that it would be a "slam dunk" for him. ;)

Besides not many people are virgins at the time they are married. If she has had partners before, then it is all a moot point anyway.
There goes the "conservative society". :D

rmet4nzkx

Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 125
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-125.html

ANNULMENT

NRS 125.290 Void marriages.

NRS 125.300 Voidable marriages: Causes for annulment.

NRS 125.320 Cause for annulment: Lack of consent of parent or guardian.

NRS 125.330 Cause for annulment: Want of understanding.

NRS 125.340 Cause for annulment: Fraud.

NRS 125.350 Cause for annulment: Grounds for declaring contract void in equity.

NRS 125.360 Annulment of marriage contracted within State: No requirement of residence.

NRS 125.370 Annulment of marriage not contracted within State: Jurisdiction of district court.

NRS 125.380 Cause for annulment may be pleaded in divorce complaint.

NRS 125.390 Action in rem; status of parties determined.

NRS 125.400 Service of process.

NRS 125.410 Issue of marriages are legitimate.

NRS 125.420 Presumption: Law of another state same as law of Nevada.

NRS 125.430 Reporting and transcription of evidence: Filing and costs.

NRS 125.440 Judgment for arrearages in payment of support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">