• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to prove a "romantic interest" violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bd420

What is the name of your state?
Michigan

Our temp court order has a stipulation of no third party romantic interests to be over while exercising parenting time. How exactly would I go about proving that her romantic interest is just that? I can prove he's been over during parenting time, I can prove they have been seeing/calling/dating each other for 5 months which spans both prior to the date of separation and to the present time of the divorce proceedings, they've gone to dinner, he's given her gifts of flowers, but does this constitute romantic in the eyes of a judge?

Obvioulsy something is going on, but I'm playing devil's advocate here, also, the kids don't like the parental attention neglect that receive when he's there.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Shay-Pari'e

Well then, if it was just signed, you can't prove anything now can you? The order did not effect last weekend did it?

ENASNI

Ohh

--PARIDISE-- said:
Well then, if it was just signed, you can't prove anything now can you? The order did not effect last weekend did it?
Good Point... High Five!

yup...unless there are any retroactive dates on the paper work... or you have a gold watch that turns back time... the clocks starts ticking now...

Now in getting this proof are you going to use your child again, or get Spy Vs Spy away from the soda ad and get them to do their detecting for ya?

Hey but, Ken! this IS a good way to keep the creep from being around the kids if he is a dealer... WTG.

Last edited:

Kansas4me

You have got to be kidding me? How does the kid ever learn how to have a real lasting relationship if all they ever got to see was your failure of one! Kids learn by example, you are now cutting off chances for them to learn how to behave without yelling screaming and fighting.

I just hate to read about this stuff. The way adults result to petty childish things to try and get back at the other. No third party romantic interests around the child, and since you are so quick to jump on how to prove it it must have come from you. I say grow up and get over it, she is no longer yours and your attempts to control her life are simply going to end up costing you your childs respect, and possibly your childs chances at a healthy relationship when they get older.

bd420

You missed my point, I think, I was trying to establish

--PARIDISE-- said:
the fact that any sensible person would realize based on past history, which obviosly isn't relevant, that their is an interest that could easily be deemable as 'romantic', however, how do i prove, IN THE FUTURE that when HE DOES come over, which he ALWAYS does, that he is not just ANY 5 month opposite sex interest, but a ROMANTIC interest.

Thank you.

Shay-Pari'e

I'm not going to advise you on that, as I think you need to grow up and let your X move on. We've only heard your story you know.

You seem to know her every move and that is a little creepy.

BelizeBreeze

The TOP 10 Ways to prove a 'ROMANTIC INTEREST'

10. The Chandalier repairman has a key to her home.

9. You hear the furtive cry of the banshee at 11 p.m. each and every night coming from her bedroom.

8. There are 15 empty body oil tubes in her trash each week.

7. She has a subscription to 'Studs' magazine.

6. The pool man is always on time, and she doesn't own a pool.

5. She refers to her new 'Friend' as the 'CROTCH ROCKET'.

4. He comes out of the house at 4 a.m. wearing her bunny slippers.

3. She has just purchased 10,000 shares of Pfizer from your support payments.

2. You call to try to 'work things out' and she has a headache.

And the NUMBER ONE WAY to prove a 'ROMANTIC' interest.

1. She walks bowlegged each and every day.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Kansas4me said:
You have got to be kidding me? How does the kid ever learn how to have a real lasting relationship if all they ever got to see was your failure of one! Kids learn by example, you are now cutting off chances for them to learn how to behave without yelling screaming and fighting.

I just hate to read about this stuff. The way adults result to petty childish things to try and get back at the other. No third party romantic interests around the child, and since you are so quick to jump on how to prove it it must have come from you. I say grow up and get over it, she is no longer yours and your attempts to control her life are simply going to end up costing you your childs respect, and possibly your childs chances at a healthy relationship when they get older.
Perhaps you should read the history behind the situation before spouting off your nonsense. This isn't quite the petty, childish scenario you'd like to make it.

Rushia

BelizeBreeze said:
The TOP 10 Ways to prove a 'ROMANTIC INTEREST'

10. The Chandalier repairman has a key to her home.

9. You hear the furtive cry of the banshee at 11 p.m. each and every night coming from her bedroom.

8. There are 15 empty body oil tubes in her trash each week.

7. She has a subscription to 'Studs' magazine.

6. The pool man is always on time, and she doesn't own a pool.

5. She refers to her new 'Friend' as the 'CROTCH ROCKET'.

4. He comes out of the house at 4 a.m. wearing her bunny slippers.

3. She has just purchased 10,000 shares of Pfizer from your support payments.

2. You call to try to 'work things out' and she has a headache.

And the NUMBER ONE WAY to prove a 'ROMANTIC' interest.

1. She walks bowlegged each and every day.

Thanks alot BB, Koolaid came out of my nose. :D

AHA

bd420 said:
What is the name of your state?
Michigan

Our temp court order has a stipulation of no third party romantic interests to be over while exercising parenting time. How exactly would I go about proving that her romantic interest is just that? I can prove he's been over during parenting time, I can prove they have been seeing/calling/dating each other for 5 months which spans both prior to the date of separation and to the present time of the divorce proceedings, they've gone to dinner, he's given her gifts of flowers, but does this constitute romantic in the eyes of a judge?

Obvioulsy something is going on, but I'm playing devil's advocate here, also, the kids don't like the parental attention neglect that receive when he's there.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
So you don't want him to have someone he is in love with and has respect for in the house when the kid is there, but you don't mind if he bangs women that he has no feelings for in his house.
It's not parental neglect to find a person that you are happy with! In some families the stepparent can be more beneficiary that the bioparent. You need to accept the fact that he left and found someone he's happy with. Behaving you way is extremly unhealthy and will only plant a seed of distrust, disfunction and hatred inside your kid, and the kid deserves a lot better than that. Maybe you will never find someone new to love, but that's no reason for your ex to spend his life the same way.

ENASNI

Well

IF "Ken" here had kept his posts together... we might see why he doesn't want Romeo in the picture..
But he could be mister stalker... we don't know... he is just a poster that does not seem to follow up on his posts after posting them...

His other post says his "wife" (so you can see where his mind-set is... not his ex or anything... his "wife") has a boyfriend that is a dealer and wants to get a bust going... he does mention he does not want the kids around that.

So Now he has a temporary order to keep his "wife" from having anyone around of a "romantic" nature.
This could be
A. a good way to make sure the guy... the dealer... is away from his kids when they are around.
2. Keeping tabs on his wife.

We don't know... he 'no splain so well.
There is his "handle" I guess bd420 could have some connotations... he said he gave his daughter barbie doll on her birthday which is I guess April 20th
(which is why I call him Ken...just by the way... tee hee)

So... benefit of the doubt... or continue to bash.. makes no me no never mind...the guy doesn't seem to be able to keep things together... LIKE HIS THREADS... in order to not get these responses... Ya know...

Otay.. just my say... I will amscray.. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">