• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How would this affect a divorce case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Premiere

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Living situation:
My boyfriend is 18 and goes between his paternal and maternal grandparents. His paternal grandparents own another house, which he and his father plan on renting and moving into. His mother kicked him out last year but his younger brother still stays with his mother.

What happened:
I was kicked out of my house a few days ago. The plan was to stay with my boyfriend and his maternal grandmother until the new house was ready, at which time my boyfriend, his father, and I would move to the new house. I took all my things and was dropped off with my boyfriend at his maternal grandmother's. My boyfriend's mother was informed and the concern was that she would use the fact that "son and girlfriend were dropped off at mother's house without notice" against my boyfriend's father in court. He didn't want to appear to be an "irresponsible father." So after going to his grandma's house for 2-3 hours, we left and I was taken to a stay at a friend's.

Now:
I am currently staying with my cousins. I am still underage, but will turn 18 in 2 weeks. We talked about my moving in once I'm a legal adult, but somehow that would still look bad for my boyfriend's father in court. Is there any way for me to live with them without it hurting his father from a legal standpoint?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Living situation:
My boyfriend is 18 and goes between his paternal and maternal grandparents. His paternal grandparents own another house, which he and his father plan on renting and moving into. His mother kicked him out last year but his younger brother still stays with his mother.

What happened:
I was kicked out of my house a few days ago. The plan was to stay with my boyfriend and his maternal grandmother until the new house was ready, at which time my boyfriend, his father, and I would move to the new house. I took all my things and was dropped off with my boyfriend at his maternal grandmother's. My boyfriend's mother was informed and the concern was that she would use the fact that "son and girlfriend were dropped off at mother's house without notice" against my boyfriend's father in court. He didn't want to appear to be an "irresponsible father." So after going to his grandma's house for 2-3 hours, we left and I was taken to a stay at a friend's.

Now:
I am currently staying with my cousins. I am still underage, but will turn 18 in 2 weeks. We talked about my moving in once I'm a legal adult, but somehow that would still look bad for my boyfriend's father in court. Is there any way for me to live with them without it hurting his father from a legal standpoint?
Once you're 18 it likely won't matter at all, but it's really not your (or your b/f's) business. Really. It's Dad's. Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">