• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband abandons family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shecampbell

What is the name of your state? Florida
My husband adandoned our son and I. We were expecting him home for Christmas and he never came. Two days later I was in the hospital with an irregular EKG. He has not contributed anything finanicially or otherwise this year. He refuses to answer messages we leave on his cell phone at work, he changed his email and home address. He has also stopped paying the mortgage on a home we own in Loxahatchee as well as on the one where I live with our son now. I do not make enough to afford payments on the home here by myself. My husband has a girlfriend and was working out of the CSX railroad office in Lakeland in December. He makes over $100,000. annually compared to my teacher salary of just under $40,000. My monthly mortgage of $1374. is more than one of my paychecks. I am emotionally very hurt and distressed wondering how I can continue making ends meet. We were married on July 25, 1999. I am also handicapped with respiratory problems. My husband has provided us with health insurance which will no longer be available to us. Please advise me of our rights in this matter. I am very grateful for any help or assistance you can provide.What is the name of your state?

Zephyr

file for divorce, custody, child support....(and because bali is such a fan of it) alimony- if you are so inclined

you're a teacher and don't have access to insurance?

Silverplum

My husband adandoned our son and I. We were expecting him home for Christmas and he never came. Two days later I was in the hospital with an irregular EKG. He has not contributed anything finanicially or otherwise this year. He refuses to answer messages we leave on his cell phone at work, he changed his email and home address. He has also stopped paying the mortgage on a home we own in Loxahatchee as well as on the one where I live with our son now. I do not make enough to afford payments on the home here by myself. My husband has a girlfriend and was working out of the CSX railroad office in Lakeland in December. He makes over $100,000. annually compared to my teacher salary of just under $40,000. My monthly mortgage of $1374. is more than one of my paychecks. I am emotionally very hurt and distressed wondering how I can continue making ends meet. We were married on July 25, 1999. I am also handicapped with respiratory problems. My husband has provided us with health insurance which will no longer be available to us. Please advise me of our rights in this matter. I am very grateful for any help or assistance you can provide.What is the name of your state?
Unless you want to learn how to do it all yourself, you'll need an attorney. Many offer free initial consultations -- check your yellow page ads.

"We" leave cell phone messages? Who is "we?"

Gracie3787

You need to immediately file for custody, CS and spousal support, and divorce, if that is what you want. However, Florida law allows for an order for CS,SS, and custody to be entered even if a divorce is not filed for.

You can get a consult with an attorney by calling the Florida Bar Lawyer Referall Service at 1-800-342-8011.

Or, you can file on your own by getting the forms from your court clerk's office or www.flcourts.org just click on family law forms under self help.

Or, you can go to your local Dept of Revenue CS enforcement office and they can begin the process for CS, however, they do not handle anything relating to spousal support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">