• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband is bigamist, fraud, and stubborn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redlace

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY
My husband is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, and has remarried another soldier..i learned in the city of tampa florida.
she is pregnant and they are living off base together.
he has been claiming me as his wife the entire time to live off base, collecting the extra money, and now that he's illegally remarried- i'm confused as to how they didnt catch that in the paperwork.

main concern is, I need to file for divorce, but i'm finding it tricky due to his being active duty. and now that i've learned he's committed a felony and gotten remarried, i need to know if that will make it easier to divorce him and how.
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, because i'm not wanting to effect either of their careers, but i've been getting the runaround in regards to divorcing him for over a year..and i'm tired of it. if i have to do so to get my divorce i guess i'll have to.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY
My husband is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, and has remarried another soldier..i learned in the city of tampa florida.
she is pregnant and they are living off base together.
he has been claiming me as his wife the entire time to live off base, collecting the extra money, and now that he's illegally remarried- i'm confused as to how they didnt catch that in the paperwork.

main concern is, I need to file for divorce, but i'm finding it tricky due to his being active duty. and now that i've learned he's committed a felony and gotten remarried, i need to know if that will make it easier to divorce him and how.
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, because i'm not wanting to effect either of their careers, but i've been getting the runaround in regards to divorcing him for over a year..and i'm tired of it. if i have to do so to get my divorce i guess i'll have to.
You should probably see an attorney. Even the very simplest question ("should I turn him in to the authorities for bigamy or not?") can't be answered without knowing more about your situation.

redlace

You should probably see an attorney. Even the very simplest question ("should I turn him in to the authorities for bigamy or not?") can't be answered without knowing more about your situation.
dang. thats exactly what i was hoping to be able to avoid..at least for the time being. I'm dirt broke. he may be getting those extra bonuses for being married but i havent seen a dime.. before he went and got remarried, when he had just gotten out of bootcamp, i called him needing help with money for my meds and i couldnt get anything out of him for THAT.

LdiJ

dang. thats exactly what i was hoping to be able to avoid..at least for the time being. I'm dirt broke. he may be getting those extra bonuses for being married but i havent seen a dime.. before he went and got remarried, when he had just gotten out of bootcamp, i called him needing help with money for my meds and i couldnt get anything out of him for THAT.
Are you certain that there is no way that he could have divorced you? Service by publication is possible if he had no way to contact you. Have you attempted to speak to him?

If you can talk to him you can let him know that he either cooperates with a simple, non-contested divorce, or you report him to his command. If he divorced you he will be fast to prove it. If he didn't divorce you he should be fast to cooperate.

His new wife wouldn't be in any trouble, because I doubt he admitted to her that he wasn't divorced, if he wasn't.

redlace

Are you certain that there is no way that he could have divorced you? Service by publication is possible if he had no way to contact you. Have you attempted to speak to him?

If you can talk to him you can let him know that he either cooperates with a simple, non-contested divorce, or you report him to his command. If he divorced you he will be fast to prove it. If he didn't divorce you he should be fast to cooperate.

His new wife wouldn't be in any trouble, because I doubt he admitted to her that he wasn't divorced, if he wasn't.
lol. i've actually spoken to him. i have his cell number. we're talking about the divorce about once a week now. i just spoke to him earlier..getting his info that i would need to file. i called him when i found out he got remarried and he admitted to it.

she knows we're not divorced because she's been right there when i talk to him on the phone. she's very cordial to me since i'm not out for blood..just a divorce really. i dont want to HAVE to use his crimes against him..but i will.

LdiJ

lol. i've actually spoken to him. i have his cell number. we're talking about the divorce about once a week now. i just spoke to him earlier..getting his info that i would need to file. i called him when i found out he got remarried and he admitted to it.

she knows we're not divorced because she's been right there when i talk to him on the phone. she's very cordial to me since i'm not out for blood..just a divorce really. i dont want to HAVE to use his crimes against him..but i will.
In that case then he should cooperate with the divorce and it doesn't have to be a big stink....but that won't necessarily make their marriage valid.

cyjeff

Actually, if he is deployed, he may not be ABLE to get a divorce...that wouldn't stop me a minute, though, from calling the base....

I don't know why you are protecting the man that left you to starve while he plays house with someone else, but....

Anyway, I found this information available to you...

From here.. Where can I find the number to JAG at Fort Hood? - Yahoo! Answers

You need to also contact ACS (Army Community Service) to get advise, job and resume help, and even financial advise. You can also contact AER for short-term loans to cover food and bills.

Army Family Liaison Office – Information and Resources for Army Families
http://www.aflo.org/home.asp

By Mail or in Person:

The ACS Center is located:
Building 121, The Rivers Building
761st Tank Battalion Avenue and T.J. Mills Boulevard
Fort Hood, TX 76544

ACS Employment Readiness is located in the CPAC Building:
Building 4220
Corner of 77th Street and Tank Destroyer
Ft. Hood, TX 76544

ACS Soldier & Family Readiness is located in the Lane Volunteer Center:
Building 16005, The Lane Volunteer Center
Corner of T.J. Mills Boulevard and Old Ironsides
Ft. Hood, TX 76544

Advocacy & Prevention Center:
Building 76020
Crocket Street
West Fort Hood, Texas 76541
By Phone or By Email:

General Information (not directory assistance): (254) 287-4ACS

Post Operator (Ft. Hood Directory Assistance): 287-1110

Unit Operator (Unit Directory Assistance): 287-2131

MilitaryOneSource – DoD help line 24/7. One Stop Information Source for Military and Family Member’s Questions no Matter How Small. Military OneSource

MilSpouse.org – is your resource library for military spouse employment, education and relocation information. Here you will find thousands of links to employment related information and other resources for military spouses and military families. Military Spouse Resource Center

My Army Life Too -The Site Will Link all Available Family Program Services in ACS, the Army National Guard and Army Reserve Family Programs. www.MyArmyLifeToo.com

National Military Family Association – To educate military families concerning their rights, benefits and services available to them and to inform them regarding the issues that affect their lives and...To promote and protect the interests of military families by influencing the development and implementation of legislation and policies affecting them. NMFA - National Military Family Association serves military spouses, children, families

Operation: Military Child Care – Child Care Assistance for Deployed Parents. On Post and in Community Based Settings. Fee Reductions Available for Eligible Families. 1-800-424-2246. Child Care Aware | America's Most Trusted Child Care Resource

http://www.hoodmwr.com/acs/sfrb_mflc.htm...

Community Information Service (CIS)
(254) 287-3663
Building 121, The Rivers Building, Room 105
Corner of 761st Tank Battalion Ave. & T.J. Mills Boulevard.

Military Family Life Consultants
(254) 288-0400
Soldier & Family Readiness Branch
Building 18000

Oveta Culp Hobby Soldier & Family Readiness Center
On Battalion Avenue
Next to the Copeland Soldier Service Center
Email [email protected]

Military Family Life Coaches
(254) 288-0416
Soldier & Family Readiness Branch
Building 18000
Oveta Culp Hobby Soldier & Family Readiness Center
On Battalion Avenue
Next to the Copeland Soldier Service Center

redlace

Actually, if he is deployed, he may not be ABLE to get a divorce...that wouldn't stop me a minute, though, from calling the base....

I don't know why you are protecting the man that left you to starve while he plays house with someone else, but....

Anyway, I found this information available to you...

From here.. Where can I find the number to JAG at Fort Hood? - Yahoo! Answers
thank you. I'm really not too interested in protecting him..trying not to be spiteful..and he says she's pregnant. if he's gonna be a father..that baby didnt do anything to me. I dont want to take away the potential for better things for that kid because his father is a jackass

Excuse me, but if he is MARRIED and the wife is NOT getting benefits from the BAH allowance, he's will be in trouble with more stuff that you can shake a stick at. See, you are supposed to be on his INSURANCE and all sorts of other stuff.

He cannot file MFJ for tax year 2008 either, unless he files with YOU.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive.

Your STBX is in a heap of trouble OF. HIS.OWN. MAKING. He made the mess. He will have to be a big boy and put on his big boy panties now.

When were you married? separated?

redlace

Excuse me, but if he is MARRIED and the wife is NOT getting benefits from the BAH allowance, he's will be in trouble with more stuff that you can shake a stick at. See, you are supposed to be on his INSURANCE and all sorts of other stuff.

He cannot file MFJ for tax year 2008 either, unless he files with YOU.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive.

Your STBX is in a heap of trouble OF. HIS.OWN. MAKING. He made the mess. He will have to be a big boy and put on his big boy panties now.

When were you married? separated?
yeah. he had me removed from his insurance when he found out *gasp* i was using it.
i put a claim in for a doctor to get put on anti depressants and he didnt like it so he had me removed.

i havent seen a penny of his BAH. a friend of mine is in the army and said something about BAS as well that he's getting that is supposed to go towards helping his spouse/family during his absence as well.

we were married in oct 06. not legally separated, but we've been apart for over a year. i was debating on filing MFS as opposed to single like i did last year..just to see if it would catch him filing jointly with her.

From the tax perspective, unless you have someone in your home that qualifies you for Head-of-Household, then your only tax options are MFJ or MFS. Filing MFS will definitely put the feds onto him :D:D

Personally, you need to talk with JAG. You really aren't doing anyone any favors by trying to protect him.

Oh, you need to amend that 2007 tax return to MFS. You will owe $$ back.

redlace

From the tax perspective, unless you have someone in your home that qualifies you for Head-of-Household, then your only tax options are MFJ or MFS. Filing MFS will definitely put the feds onto him :D:D

Personally, you need to talk with JAG. You really aren't doing anyone any favors by trying to protect him.

Oh, you need to amend that 2007 tax return to MFS. You will owe $$ back.

someone in the household that qualifies me as head of household..i did file head i believe. was the only one in the house who filed taxes lol
damn ppl. i had my taxes done and they told me it was ok to file single as long as he wasnt going to file MFJ

LdiJ

someone in the household that qualifies me as head of household..i did file head i believe. was the only one in the house who filed taxes lol
damn ppl. i had my taxes done and they told me it was ok to file single as long as he wasnt going to file MFJ
It was ok to file Head of Household if you qualified for Head of Household and were separated from him for at least the last six months of 2007.

Filing a married filing separate return is NOT going to resolve the issue of the marriage or of his bigamy. The most it could do is give him some grief with the IRS.

You really need to either force him to cooperate with a divorce, or go to his command for assistance....plain and simple.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">