• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband claims divorce is fraudulent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leg1965

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I divorced my ex-husband in April, 2009 while he was in jail for domestic assault and false imprisonment. He is now claiming (and telling our 11 year old son) that our divorce was fraudulent because he never signed the divorce papers. He claims a lawyer told him that I couldn't get a divorce without his signature unless he was sentenced to more than two years in jail. He was only sentenced to 11 months, 29 days. He's wanting to sue my lawyer and the judge. The grounds for the divorce were marital misconduct and habitual drug abuse. Could there possibly be any truth to what he's saying?

Proserpina

I divorced my ex-husband in April, 2009 while he was in jail for domestic assault and false imprisonment. He is now claiming (and telling our 11 year old son) that our divorce was fraudulent because he never signed the divorce papers. He claims a lawyer told him that I couldn't get a divorce without his signature unless he was sentenced to more than two years in jail. He was only sentenced to 11 months, 29 days. He's wanting to sue my lawyer and the judge. The grounds for the divorce were marital misconduct and habitual drug abuse. Could there possibly be any truth to what he's saying?

He's full of it. He didn't have to sign anything.

Good luck to him trying to sue your attorney and the judge - he'll go as far as a snowball in Hades.

ecmst12

Very unlikely especially if you had a lawyer handle it. If you are served with court papers, get a lawyer, otherwise ignore him.

LdiJ

He is an idiot...ignore him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">