• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband don't work-won't leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nurse160

I'm in Maryland. I work as a Registered Nurse and my husband does not work(hurt on the job 2 and a half years ago)however still can play golf without difficulty. Has been coming harder and harder to live with. I pay all the bills and have supported him until now. trouble is i want him out and he won't go(why should he). House is in both names, however we recently took out a home improvement loan in my name only and i am paying the payments. can i force him to leave and take responsibility for himself. we have 4 kids

D

dorenephilpot

If you file for divorce, you can also ask for a temporary restraining order to get him out of the house.

If you have four kids and they will remain in your custody, then the court would generally prefer to have HIM move, rather than you, and divvy up any equity in the house later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">