• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is husband entitled to anything

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kewlrdhead

I live in Louisiana and I am wanting to divorce my huband of almost 10 years. I bought a home before we were married and it is only in my name. He has made house payments and also has done some remodeling on the home. If I sell the home after we get a divorce, will he be entitled to half of the money. What if I sell the home while we are just seperated? Will he be entitled to anything?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

nextwife

He would be entitled to half the equity that accrued during the marriage. You and he would share marital debt, retirement accrual that occurred during the marriage and and other assets that accrued during the marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">