• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband in IL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

advr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California
I was force to move from Il to Ca ( due to my husband violent beheverial- physical , economic and moral abuse)
before I moved to Ca there was some money in joint account that my husband move in his name after I left - can I get half of these money if I have the bank statement from joint account , should I go whit a fault divorce versus no fault?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California
I was force to move from Il to Ca ( due to my husband violent beheverial- physical , economic and moral abuse)
before I moved to Ca there was some money in joint account that my husband move in his name after I left - can I get half of these money if I have the bank statement from joint account , should I go whit a fault divorce versus no fault?
Unless he held a gun to your head, your husband didn't force you to move. You made a decision to move.

California doesn't have fault and no-fault divorces. The grounds for divorce are listed here:
Divorce Support - California Grounds for Divorce

You will be entitled to 1/2 of marital assets less 1/2 of marital debt. If he spent money during the marriage, it is generally gone - the court is usually not going to say what expenditures are 'valid' and tell him that he has to reimburse you for expenditures. If he moved the money to another account, then it remains community property even if the account is only in his name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">