• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband Leaving for Younger Woman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NoSnow

Maryland.

Sister-in-law's husband has found a new, younger, love after 13 years of marriage. He has left and bought a house for him and his new love bird. Sister-in-law is undergoing foot operations because of severe diabeties with possibility of loosing one of her feet, as well as the real possiblity of loosing her job because of it. When she files for divorce would she be able to get something out of the house her husband recently bought in his name only?

kat1963

In absence of a separation agreement in MD, I would say she has a great chance. I am not a lawyer, but I did (not to long ago) go thru a divorce in MD after a long term marriage. Even with a long drawn out separation agreement, I was told by my lawyer to not by anything at all of great value. I'm sorry about your SIL, I hope she is feeling better soon and that his affair has been properly documented. Make sure she has a bull dog of an attorney too…. I’m thinking that maybe she doesn’t since this question is being asked here. If not, do call the MD Bar Association for a referral. Best of luck to all!
KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">