• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband left

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwalton0777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My husband left me with our 2 year old and 1 year old, with no money ( he refused to put the bank account in both our names) and I have no job, I've been a stay at home mom for 2 years. I have no family here to watch the kids to look for a job and I have bills that are backed up for 2 months. My car payment is due in 3 days which he stated he will not be paying when he left. He is an abusive man, went to court 2 years go for battery and had to pay a fine. I have 2 options, Arizona or Minnesota, the only places I have family. My husband has stated he would call the cops for kidnapping if I leave state. I need to know what my options are and what to do from here. I need help please.

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My husband left me with our 2 year old and 1 year old, with no money ( he refused to put the bank account in both our names) and I have no job,
He refused to put your name on the bank account and I'm sure you stayed with him, made 2 babies and continued to live under those conditions....
I've been a stay at home mom for 2 years.
With a husband like that, bad decision on your part.
I have no family here to watch the kids to look for a job and I have bills that are backed up for 2 months.
Do you have any friends?
My car payment is due in 3 days which he stated he will not be paying when he left.
Then it's gonna be late.
He is an abusive man, went to court 2 years go for battery and had to pay a fine.
And yet again, you stayed there and not only made one baby but two.
I have 2 options, Arizona or Minnesota, the only places I have family.
You have 3 options. Arizona, Minnesota or California, where your children have family.
My husband has stated he would call the cops for kidnapping if I leave state.
If you decide to leave the state, you cannot be charged with kidnapping, however, he can IMMEDIATELY file for divorce and have an order issued requiring that the children be returned to California.
I need to know what my options are and what to do from here. I need help please.
Time to pick yourself up by the bootstraps, stop feeling sorry and helpless and get on the ball. You've got bills to pay, kids to feed and things to do. Starting with filing for divorce and asking for a temporary order of support.

How long have you been married?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

kwalton0777

I HAVE tried to look for a job I posted my resume on monster and have had 4 interviews. I have NO ONE to look after the kids to even go to a job interview. Didnt I say I have an ABUSIVE husband who leaves me with NO MONEY. This was an absolute mistake writing here with such RUDE people YOU should NOT be allowed to reply to these posts!!!!!

CourtClerk

I HAVE tried to look for a job I posted my resume on monster and have had 4 interviews. I have NO ONE to look after the kids to even go to a job interview. Didnt I say I have an ABUSIVE husband who leaves me with NO MONEY. This was an absolute mistake writing here with such RUDE people YOU should NOT be allowed to reply to these posts!!!!!
Cry me a river. 4 interviews in one year and posting your resume on monster? How did you get to the interviews if you have no one to watch your children? YOU are not unique in this situation. People have this problem all day, every day - yet they figure out a way to make it work. Here's how you start. Stop having babies with someone you claim is so darn abusive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">