• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband lied about anullment of 1st marriage. now deported to mexico... ?? means 4 me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mexanonymouse

explaining the problem and reason for this thread...

My "husband" (Cali courthouse reception...) Lied about his first marriage. He told me that they had married while both were in state custody (ie: jail) for the benefit of congical visiting and that the marriage had the annulled shortly after the fact. Now I find out there was never an anullment.
Now, he has been deported to Mexico amd ihave no contact with him...
I want to get married but need clarification as to how I go about this legally... Thanks for your help

FlyingRon

A bigamous marriage in California is ab initio void. You were never married if he was still married to another.
It may still behoove you to get a statement of nullity if you've had things that made it appear that you were married that may take some "convincing" to show you are not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">