• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband lost most of the money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

womanprovider

What is the name of your state? FL
My husband and I have been married for 13 years. He always handled the finances. I always turned over the check and signed papers. In 1998 I was awarded 150,000 for future pain & suffering and lost wages from an accident. The money is gone. I just found out because he is divorcing me. Supposedly a bad investment. Is there anything legally I can do to recover those mismanaged funds?

rmet4nzkx

I suggest you go out on Monday morning and get an attorney, Florida is an equatible distribution state, so you may be able to recoup from the marital assets if he misappropriated your settlement, you may also get alimony, but you will need an attorney to do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">