• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband is lying about address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

help-seeker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? -- Pennsylvania

My story is that I was living with my husband in rented apartment in central NJ. I came to visit my mom in Pennsylvania in July 2014 and he sent a letter from his lawyer to vacate a house from my belongings and later on, he filed a divorce complaint. He has been using his sibling owned residence to fake his residency there and he filed for divorce in same county of his siblings city. The reality is that he has been living in his friends apartment in the other city of NJ that is closer to his work. He hasn't signed lease of that apartment. He has been paying rent to his friend in cash. He used his friends address for his work related documents and for health insurance. While his bank statements, credit card and phone bills are addressed to his sibling address in NJ. Of course, his action is unethical. My divorce case has not proceeded to trails yet but as of now, whom should I notify to take any legal action against him? I have proofs of documentation of both addresses.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? -- Pennsylvania

My story is that I was living with my husband in rented apartment in central NJ. I came to visit my mom in Pennsylvania in July 2014 and he sent a letter from his lawyer to vacate a house from my belongings and later on, he filed a divorce complaint. He has been using his sibling owned residence to fake his residency there and he filed for divorce in same county of his siblings city. The reality is that he has been living in his friends apartment in the other city of NJ that is closer to his work. He hasn't signed lease of that apartment. He has been paying rent to his friend in cash. He used his friends address for his work related documents and for health insurance. While his bank statements, credit card and phone bills are addressed to his sibling address in NJ. Of course, his action is unethical. My divorce case has not proceeded to trails yet but as of now, whom should I notify to take any legal action against him? I have proofs of documentation of both addresses.
Does it adversely affect you or your divorce case? If not, then who cares?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">