• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband moved to ca.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrs.wagon40

What is the name of your state?mi. lived with this man for 21 years, married for 8 of them .long story short, he had a vicodine habit for over a year, he didn't work for over a year. finally he went to a rehab. place for 5 days, gets released, i picked him up ,brought him home. he was there for 20 mins.he made a phone call, said he was going to a side job and will be back in a couple of hours. well he stopped back by 2 1/2 days later. told me he met a girl in rehab and is moving in with her. well its been a month now and he calls and tells me they moved to cal. to his sisters. can i still get a divorce from him even though he is in another state? how do i get him to sign a quick claim deed? he has taken the stuff he wanted, now he thinks he needs more, can he still take stuff out of the house? i now he sold most of the other stuff he took or pawned them. am i supose to give him what he wants?

LdiJ

brisgirl825 said:
You need to file for divorce and you can do that in your state.

Can you refinance the home into your name only?
And definitely don't give him any other property until ordered to do so...obviously he will just pawn it.

mrs.wagon40

mi. while my husband was on drugs and not working he didn't pay the morgage so the house went into forclosure. my mother forked out the $38 thou.needed to pay the house off. and yes i checked it out his name is on the deed. he has told me he will sign all the papers for the house and the divorce, but that was when i was letting him have his stuff, but now that he is in cal. i told him no body is coming to pick up any more stuff,so now he might be unwilling to send me back any papers i send him.

LdiJ

mrs.wagon40 said:
mi. while my husband was on drugs and not working he didn't pay the morgage so the house went into forclosure. my mother forked out the $38 thou.needed to pay the house off. and yes i checked it out his name is on the deed. he has told me he will sign all the papers for the house and the divorce, but that was when i was letting him have his stuff, but now that he is in cal. i told him no body is coming to pick up any more stuff,so now he might be unwilling to send me back any papers i send him.
I hope that you and your mother signed loan papers (even if you wrote them yourself) for the 38k that she gave you to pay off the mortgage.

Your husband is entitled to 1/2 of the equity in the home (taking into consideration any other marital debt/assets)....however your mom should get her 38k back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">