• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband is a no show!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jades_Desire

What is the name of your state? Kentucky (currently)
I'm a soldier at Ft. Campbell, KY. I've been trying to get a divorce since my return from Iraq. My husband, in the beginning, was willing to sign the uncontested paperwork I already paid for. I had three copies of the paperwork ready for his signature in case he lost any the copies. He changed his mind, even though I had them drawn up to his liking. He claimed that he didn't have enough money and that he needed the BAH(basic allowance for housing), as well as the medical benefits. I didn't understand that because my checking account was cleaned out before I got back and he was living with his girlfriend. He disappeared so he couldn't sign the paperwork. I got fed up after a couple of months and requested that I not pay him BAH. I also closed the account we both shared. He showed up the same day I closed the account demanding where the money was. I was awarded the right not to pay him BAH. Since then he's been AWOL and I can't contact him in any way, shape, or form. Please help me, I really need to get divorced!

S

seniorjudge

File for divorce. You don't need your husband's permission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">