• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband not signing papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

etdaniel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Hi,
I live in Louisiana and I am having a problem with my husband signing the divorce papers he was served in June. What can I do to proceed with the divorce?

FYI...I don't have an attorney. I had all the papers drawn up by myself, with the help of some friends, and basically doing the leg work my self. I have paid the intial filing fee and servicing fee with the clerk of courts but they won't give me instructions on what to do next or what paperwork is needed now.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need to do a lot of reading. start with the local rules. Then the rules of civil procedure for your state. Then the statutes. Not necessarily in that order. That will tell you what to do next.

seniorjudge

You need to do a lot of reading. start with the local rules. Then the rules of civil procedure for your state. Then the statutes. Not necessarily in that order. That will tell you what to do next.
Look especially on how to get a default judgment in a lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">