• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband planning to leave state with kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buzzkill

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I have been married to him since 1993, and seperated from him for about 3 and a half years. We have 2 little boys that currently live with him, {only because he is stronger than me and I have a terrible fear of what he might do to me physically} he is a criminal and on probation. Is now "running" from the law, due to this fact, he is secretly planning to take off to Kentucky with our sons without so much as telling me. I am trying to fill out divorce papers right now, {from a do-it-yourself kit} but I'm afraid {and so are my boys} that he will carry out his plan of running away, before I can do anything legally. He is hiding out at one of his family members homes, and I don't know where it is. What can I do to save my kids and myself from this terrible seperation? I should mention that he doesn't act like a father to the boys...ever, it is just his way of having and keeping control over me. It has always been about control for him. Please help me, I am desperate!!!!!
:confused:

HomeGuru

buzzkill said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona
I have been married to him since 1993, and seperated from him for about 3 and a half years. We have 2 little boys that currently live with him, {only because he is stronger than me and I have a terrible fear of what he might do to me physically} he is a criminal and on probation. Is now "running" from the law, due to this fact, he is secretly planning to take off to Kentucky with our sons without so much as telling me. I am trying to fill out divorce papers right now, {from a do-it-yourself kit} but I'm afraid {and so are my boys} that he will carry out his plan of running away, before I can do anything legally. He is hiding out at one of his family members homes, and I don't know where it is. What can I do to save my kids and myself from this terrible seperation? I should mention that he doesn't act like a father to the boys...ever, it is just his way of having and keeping control over me. It has always been about control for him. Please help me, I am desperate!!!!!
:confused:
**A: here is your first real post on this website.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm confused now, too. WHY did you not do anything 2 years ago, when you posted about the same issue, or 3 1/2 years ago when you separated from him?

B

buzzkill

The reality is this, am a complete basket of issues, and up until very recently, I have been in a disgusting mess! I have been in ond out of an in patient facility for neurology patients, which is completely a different issue itself, and quite frankly I am a FOOL !Not to mention, I am very afraid of him.
Why must I be attacked for asking for an opinion?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You're hardly being attacked. But the fact is - your past history is likely extremely relevant to whether or not your husband/stbx will be given custody and/or allowed to take the boys out of state. You posted about this same scenario 2 years ago. And nothing apparently happened. What makes you think it will this time? You've left out more information than you've provided so noone can really answer you in any reasonable way.

B

buzzkill

As far as I can tell, this is damn near a trial in itself...
I have an attorney that is not doing his job, that I have paid $2000 to already. Paid him in December and on the 26th of March, we finally got a court hearing date. All through the months from December to March, I have placed at least 15 phone calls to my attorney, actually got to speak to him once, the rest of the times I left messages on voice mails at his office, his home office, and his cell phone, never received a phone call in return.
I realize, I probably should have fired his rear at about the 8th call w/ no return call back, but never-the-less, I did not.
At the hearing, I finally get the chance to actually see the attorney and talk to him about what to expect etc., and the man had not even opened the file to know the names of the people involved w/ the divorce, the guardianship papers, NOTHING.
So needless to say, We looked very foolish. The judge told my attorney to SHUT UP !!! Due to an order that my ex-'s sister has through Probate court, giving her Permanent Guardianship of my children, the judge said that he has no jurisdiction to to override an order that is not through the family court.
DUH ! I am so frustrated! Where do I go from here ? Or is that not enough information?
I am not trying to be a smart butt, just annoyed with my situation. So please don't be offended.

stephenk

have you talked your hubby's probation officer? maybe the PO can assist in revoking his probation if what you say is true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">