• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband seeks 2nd fling with prostitute... what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stuckinCA42

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

The very day I filed for divorce (recently), I found an email in my husband's email account (dated a couple of days before, in the Sent box), which was a response to an old Craigslist ad, to a transgender prostitute who he apparently had a previous encounter with. In it, he mentions a prior exchange for some amount of money and asks whether this offer is still valid. He knew that I had access to this account, at least I believe he did. The previous encounter took place while we were still living together.

Is this situation sufficient burden of proof for going directly to the police? How about in our divorce case? We don't have children together. I ask because of the manner in which I discovered it. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks.

LdiJ

The very day I filed for divorce (recently), I found an email in my husband's email account (dated a couple of days before, in the Sent box), which was a response to an old Craigslist ad, to a transgender prostitute who he apparently had a previous encounter with. In it, he mentions a prior exchange for some amount of money and asks whether this offer is still valid. He knew that I had access to this account, at least I believe he did. The previous encounter took place while we were still living together.

Is this situation sufficient burden of proof for going directly to the police? How about in our divorce case? We don't have children together. I ask because of the manner in which I discovered it. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks.
Why in the world would you go to the police? Do you want to get him arrested for hiring a prostitute? Why? That's certainly not going to help your divorce. Just get the divorce and settle the marital property/debt issues and move on with life.

Ozark_Sophist

If it was your husband's email account, you need to keep your nose out of it. Sure, you could send the information to the police and they could use it (not that they would). But your husband can turn around and at least sue you for violating his privacy. You would not be able to use the information in civil court against him.

Irreconcilable differences are good enough grounds to divorce in CA, and it sounds like you had them before you knew about his sexual issues...so all this is totally unnecessary. But if what you really want is to make him suffer...well...maybe what you need is a little pschotherapy not legal advice.

xylene

and as far as being proof...

It isn't.

The email means nothing to a criminal investigation.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sure, you could send the information to the police and they could use it ...
How do you figure that a copy of an email given to the police by a bitter, vindictive STBX would have ANY use to the police?

Xylene also pointed this out...

AHA

So???:confused::confused:

penelope10

I would be more concerned about going to a Doctor and having myself checked out for an STD. (Since one of encounters happened while you were still living as husband and wife).

As far as going to the police etc., I agree with the other posters. Move on with your life and consider it good riddance of bad rubbish.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">