• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband taking items from house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jomanjj

i am in the process of a divorce. my husband and I still occupy the same house with our two girls. we are waiting for an appraisal on the house and than i will be moving out. we have decided on joint custody. problem: my husband is removing items from the house: pictures, kids clothes, etc. he is psychotic. he removes them and then accuses me of removing them. i have not removed anything from the house. he lies about taking things, yells at me for taking things, and then threatens to not sign paper work. we can not afford a long drawn out court battle, but i am very worried about his mental state and the effect it will have on my children when they are with them. can he be made to have a mental obserbation without going to court to get it ordered? we live in illinois.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">