• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband wants everything

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elli_mae66

What is the name of your state? illinois. my husband wants the trailer that my father payed for.we wasn't marry yet and my father traded his other trailer for this one. the problem is that all 3 of our names is on the title. what can we do? husband did not pay for none of it but wants it all.

M

moose2

first, ask a few simple questions: 1) who's name is on the title? 2) was it given to you before or after wedding day? 3) Is there proof that daddy bought it?

The name on the title pretty much describes who the owners are no matter who paid for it. If it has you & hubby's names on it, and it was recieved as a gift after wedding day, it will be considered "joint" custody.

Whoever gets it, will have to divy up on other assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">