• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband will not do anything

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slowpoke

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NN.C.

Hello again
I just wantd to know what I can do about a husband who drinks morning,noon,and night,and refuses to get a job,and will not leave.(he is smart enough not to hit me , but puts holes in this lil mobile home my mom bought me(beceause she thought I desrveed it while working all these years,and getting kicked out by my boyfriends after i pay bills.

I always have a tax paying job(not that ,that matters). I just got my cable shut off because th money i gave him he bought a money order but did not sign it. I wrk 12 hrs a day
HELP!!!!!! anyone ned a room to rent.

What can I do with the bum,or am I stuck with him? I know I can move out but its from my mom. He has the rich family who disowned him.
Can I put him in a nut hut till he sobers? he is ral bad drunk,I mean seizure type.

thank you again for any reply

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Divorce him -- and in the divorce ask for temporary orders giving you sole possession of your home.

ytie94do

Where is he getting the money for his booze?

He can probably be locked up on a 72-hour hold for being a danger to himself or to others. It would work best if you could get the police out there while he's putting holes in the walls. They're not going to do much if they get there and he's just sleeping. During that time, you could ask the doctor to see about having him committed to a drug/alcohol rehab place. And during that 72 hours is when you need to apply for a restraining order. Usually the county social services dept has a legal aid dept that can help you navigate the bureaucracy of getting a restraining order. And with him putting holes in the walls, if you mention that you're in fear for your safety, the chances of getting a restraining order double or triple.

You really need to emphasize that he's a chronic alcohol abuser and has violent tendencies. That's going to figure heavily in their decision to lock him up.

Also, you need to cut him off from your money. He's getting the booze from somewhere... is it you?

Slowpoke

Hubby won;t leave

NC.
Thanks guys I just learned some things from you both.Ohiogal I never ever believed I could have my home again alone thanks.

Okay as I stated earlier he comes from a rich family,in fact more cash is on the way. No I don't bum his I work my tail OFF. But thank I likeRO deal.are they exspensive? Not That I would care,

Thanks agin for being serious I am STRESSED

Slowpoke

Hubby won't leave

Hi again okay is true that earlier in his life his family put him in 5 rehabs,and that I can do nothing more to put him somewhere??

This stinks I just want a quiet peacfull life,and to be happy.

Thanks again for any reply:confused:

LdiJ

Hi again okay is true that earlier in his life his family put him in 5 rehabs,and that I can do nothing more to put him somewhere??

Again, you can file for divorce and temporary possession of the marital home. That would also get him out. Maybe not quite as fast as you want him out, but it would get him out.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

You cannot force an adult into rehab against his will. A court might but not because you want them to. DO WHAT I STATED. File for a divorce and ask for sole possession of the marital residence while the divorce is winding its way to finality.

snowshuze

<snip>

in this lil mobile home my mom bought me(beceause she thought I desrveed it while working all these years,and getting kicked out by my boyfriends after i pay bills.
--------------

Is this premarital property?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
<snip>

in this lil mobile home my mom bought me(beceause she thought I desrveed it while working all these years,and getting kicked out by my boyfriends after i pay bills.
--------------

Is this premarital property?
It doesn't matter. It is the marital residence and until a judge removes hubby he is entitled to live there. She didn't ask if she would owe him anything -- that depends on who is on the title and if marital income paid for the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">