• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband Won't turn in D papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

screwed over

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
I just moved to FL 2 weeks ago, I got married 7/04 in CA. In 10/04 we agreed to get divorced, I signed papers and had a friend return them to him, I find out about 2-3 weeks later he took off to Atlanta, GA, he has yet to turn in the papers, I assume because there is no record in either San Diego or Atlanta, I have no direct contact with him anymore and have no money to seek legal help, I don't even have his tax info to apply for financial aid. Since he is ex Navy, I'm not sure if he is getting money off our marriage or not. How can I get a divorce if I don't even know where to find him? If anyone has any advice I beg you to give it to me. All I want to do is continue on with my life, without having this mistake over my head.
Thank You
SCREWED OVER

LdiJ

screwed over said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
I just moved to FL 2 weeks ago, I got married 7/04 in CA. In 10/04 we agreed to get divorced, I signed papers and had a friend return them to him, I find out about 2-3 weeks later he took off to Atlanta, GA, he has yet to turn in the papers, I assume because there is no record in either San Diego or Atlanta, I have no direct contact with him anymore and have no money to seek legal help, I don't even have his tax info to apply for financial aid. Since he is ex Navy, I'm not sure if he is getting money off our marriage or not. How can I get a divorce if I don't even know where to find him? If anyone has any advice I beg you to give it to me. All I want to do is continue on with my life, without having this mistake over my head.
Thank You
SCREWED OVER
As soon as you have lived in FL for 6 months, you can file for divorce there.
You don't need his tax info to apply for financial aid, you have been separated for more than a year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">