• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husbands Girlfriend forged his signature on Divorce Papers/Never served papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jodilynn19

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Calif.
My found divorce papers in my ex husbands truck. He filed for divorce on June 25, 2014. I read them and my ex husband only signed 1 document the other 2 he was not even there at the court house his girlfriend signed them also she lied. The I have never been officially served with them. He does not know that I found them in his truck. My question is he has not served them to me how when are you supposed to serve your soon to be ex divorce papers after you file them and are they any good when he did not even sign them. Should I go down to the courthouse and get my own copies what should I do????????:confused::confused:

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Calif.
My found divorce papers in my ex husbands truck. He filed for divorce on June 25, 2014. I read them and my ex husband only signed 1 document the other 2 he was not even there at the court house his girlfriend signed them also she lied. The I have never been officially served with them. He does not know that I found them in his truck. My question is he has not served them to me how when are you supposed to serve your soon to be ex divorce papers after you file them and are they any good when he did not even sign them. Should I go down to the courthouse and get my own copies what should I do????????:confused::confused:
Can you edit your post because it doesn't make a lot of sense. I think you forgot a couple words here and there.

justalayman

who signed them is your apparent soon to be ex's problem.

have there been any attempts to serve you?

and what are you doing in his truck? If it is his truck and he did not give you permission to be in his truck, you may have committed a criminal act.

Proserpina

And it may well be a legitimate form of service.... many are under the impression that unless papers are shoved into their hands, they've been properly served.

That's not the case.

Proserpina

From OP's other thread:

I wanted to know how I can get back child support from my ex husband. About 10 years ago I was on Welfare for 3 years and he had to pay that money back. But rgar was only for 3 years all the other years there was no payment or agreement for him to pay me any money. We were separated for many years but we were still together I have been taking care of my mother for the last 2 years and before that we all lived at his mothers house the kids and I. But it just didn't work out living with his mom so me and the kids moved in to my moms house and we were still together for many years and he never truly took care of us financially. And I he just came into some money and he was supposed to take care of me but he didn't. I need to know how to go about getting all that back child support that he never paid for his children. Please somebody help me on how to go about it.

Eekamouse

And how much supporting of your children did you do yourself? Sounds like you were living off your mom and she was supporting you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">