• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband's illigitmate child and my responisibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gladiolus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My husband is out of the home, on a Domestic Violence Order, for severe emotional abuse. I have reason to believe, that he has fathered a child, with another woman.:eek: We have been married 35 years, and there are still 5 children, at home, two severely disabled, the youngest only 8. There are a total of 11 children.

Although, I have been unable to afford an attorney, I did speak with one. He told me, that in Ky, if a man fathers an out-of-wedlock child, that the child is considered part of this marriage. How can that be?:confused: How does that affect, my children and myself? I certainly want NO responsibility for this child, nor it's mother. I believe it has a genetic defect. My children and I are barely making it.:(

Thanks!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My husband is out of the home, on a Domestic Violence Order, for severe emotional abuse. I have reason to believe, that he has fathered a child, with another woman.:eek: We have been married 35 years, and there are still 5 children, at home, two severely disabled, the youngest only 8. There are a total of 11 children.

Although, I have been unable to afford an attorney, I did speak with one. He told me, that in Ky, if a man fathers an out-of-wedlock child, that the child is considered part of this marriage. How can that be?:confused: How does that affect, my children and myself? I certainly want NO responsibility for this child, nor it's mother. I believe it has a genetic defect. My children and I are barely making it.:(

Thanks!
You have no responsibility for this child whatsoever. Your husband, however will if paternity is established.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">