• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know if my husband divorced me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladymonalisa025

What is the name of your state? PA

My husband is from pakistan we married in nyc we separated 2 months later I was told he divorced me... in another state how can I find this out if its true or obtain the divorce degree I haven't heard from him in 5 yrs please some advise i am tring to get married now......i don't even have his ss number or anything just my marriage certificate is that enough...we married for his papers when i found out it was illegal i left i never lived with him or anything and i haven't heard from him in 6 yrs**************.....I am willing to file the divorce and do publication but since i'm his wife in the ss office they should be able to give me his card with no problem right?

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? PA

My husband is from pakistan we married in nyc we separated 2 months later I was told he divorced me... in another state how can I find this out if its true or obtain the divorce degree I haven't heard from him in 5 yrs please some advise i am tring to get married now
The safer thing to do would be to get a divorce yourself.

AL HR

Do you know what state he diivorced you in? If so, you can usually order a copy of the divorce decreen online. google vital statistics for the state you are interested in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">