• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I dont know what to do...please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmpuchkoris

What is the name of your state? GA
I have tried the "do it yourself" divorce in CA where I was legally separated in 2001. My spouse didn't want a divorce so refused to sign the papers. I then tried a signature divorce here in GA, but they now say the law has changed and I need to pay another $1500 on top of the $600 I gave them to file for a contested divorce. I don't know where my spouse resides, (we have been separated since 2001) but I haven't been able to follow through with this yet. I have one minor child who is in custody of the maternal grandfather. I do not want to include child custody in this case, alimony, property, etc. I just want a divorce in the fastest most effective manner possible. Also, where do I find information about Pro Bono work or reduced cost, I don't have all that money to pay at one time. I have no clue what I am doing as you can tell. Thank you for anyone that can help.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? GA
I have tried the "do it yourself" divorce in CA where I was legally separated in 2001. My spouse didn't want a divorce so refused to sign the papers. I then tried a signature divorce here in GA, but they now say the law has changed and I need to pay another $1500 on top of the $600 I gave them to file for a contested divorce. I don't know where my spouse resides, (we have been separated since 2001) but I haven't been able to follow through with this yet. I have one minor child who is in custody of the maternal grandfather. I do not want to include child custody in this case, alimony, property, etc. I just want a divorce in the fastest most effective manner possible. Also, where do I find information about Pro Bono work or reduced cost, I don't have all that money to pay at one time. I have no clue what I am doing as you can tell. Thank you for anyone that can help.
If you don't even know where your spouse is, then you may be able to serve him for the divorce via publication.

Before paying another 1500.00 to that attorney, consult with another one or two.

Bali Hai

If you don't even know where your spouse is, then you may be able to serve him for the divorce via publication.

Before paying another 1500.00 to that attorney, consult with another one or two.
Are you suggesting "him" from telepathy or do you know something we don't??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">