• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have been sued by my husband?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tt41009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas
I got a package from the court said I have to be in court on 10/8/09 for temporary order about divorce from my husband attorney. On the front page said I have been sued. I or my lawyer have to response to this county judge with 20 days?????

mistoffolees

Texas
I got a package from the court said I have to be in court on 10/8/09 for temporary order about divorce from my husband attorney. On the front page said I have been sued. I or my lawyer have to response to this county judge with 20 days?????
What's your question? People get sued all the time, but without details, no one can offer you any advice. Except for one thing - you MUST respond in the time period that the document gives you for response. If you fail to respond, you will lose whatever he sues you for.

Isis1

Texas
LOL, i'm sorry, but i know the exact feeling. in the legal sense, you are being sued for a divorce. that's normal. language is a bit alarming.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">