• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I helped my ex-fiance' purchase a vehicle....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alaskan

I purchased a vehicle for my ex-fiancé because his credit was too poor to get a loan . He wasn't able to be on the loan at all. The vehicle is in my name only. Our agreement was for him to make all of the payments and maintain insurance on the vehicle. He hasn't been keeping up on the payments ands he stopped paying for insurance. I've ended up having to make some of the payments.

He assaulted me a few days ago. He is now in jail. I want to repossess the car from him. I'll sell the car and pay the bank the difference. Do I have the legal right to do so? Could he sue me?

[email protected]

Last edited:

LdiJ

I purchased a vehicle for my ex-fiancé because his credit was too poor to get a loan . He wasn't able to be on the loan at all. The vehicle is in my name only. Our agreement was for him to make all of the payments and maintain insurance on the vehicle. He hasn't been keeping up on the payments ands he stopped paying for insurance. I've ended up having to make some of the payments.

He assaulted me a few days ago. He is now in jail. I want to repossess the car from him. I'll sell the car and pay the bank the difference. Do I have the legal right to do so? Could he sue me?

[email protected]
Yes you absolutely have the legal right to take the car and sell it. Its 100% your legal property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">