• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I hope this is nothing to worry about.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaa4d

What is the name of your state? VA

I was looking at my divorce decree and I noticed that there was an error. The date that is listed as our marriage date is incorrect. It's a day off, the 14th not the 15th, as stated in the decree. The decree is from 1994. We are both remarried now. This isn't a problem, is it? I mean, if neither of us make a big deal about it, then it isn't a big deal, right? I would hate to find out that, because of this tiny little error, we aren't actually divorced or something.

Does anyone know if this matters?

jaa4d

J

jaa4d

Bump.

I know this seems trivial, but I was hoping that someone with some knowledge could tell me so.

ellencee

The basis for the divorce was not the date of the marriage and the granting of the divorce was not based on the date of the marriage, so I think it's not important at all. I'll give you an example from my personal history with being married. The official marriage license, the one they mailed us, for my marriage to my ex, had my first name as 'Betty'; all of the other information was correct. How in the heck they came up with 'Betty' is beyond me, but that's what it said. All I did was call them and they corrected it and reissued us a new 'official copy' of our marriage license and we were still married just as if it had had my correct name, darn it.
:p

J

jaa4d

Thanks for your reply. I was pretty certain that it was nothing. I'm surprised that I didn't notice it before now. I would sure have hated if I found out that I was actually still married to him :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">