• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I just found out i am still married to a illegal man.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistoffolees

can't file i am barely making the house payments and family-I have children before the marriage
Let's see. You don't want to be married, but you won't file for divorce.

Sorry, there are no magic wands. You either divorce him or you don't.

You could look for legal aid, but that's a long shot.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

imagration wont tell me if he is still in the states and if i go there office 3 hours away i maybe arressted for fraud but i sign papers i dont know where he is at and i can't afford to pay a lawyer to divorce him
but hes gets a green card right for being married to me 11 years ago(I never went to any meetings with him for his card) and i did a search in the state we got married

I got a marriage cert. and a paper that says no divorce records found

I cant afford to pay any more to keep searching sites and they have no answers after i pay.
Why would you be arrested for fraud?

Proserpina

I can't find him that would clean me out thats why i wanted immagration to help but I am scared they will arrest me - i got kids to worry about i have not seen him since i sign-what was to be divorce papers.10 years ago

if ins no wheres he at I hope maybe they can make him file and leave if he is still here as my "husband" puke--no we never made a full marriage becausse he wanted a wedding with mom and dad
I hate to be the one to break this to you but if he got his green-card through marriage divorcing him won't change his status whatsoever.

Antigone*

Let's see. You don't want to be married, but you won't file for divorce.

Sorry, there are no magic wands. You either divorce him or you don't.

You could look for legal aid, but that's a long shot.
I know who has the crystal ball and the magic wand, and I'm not sayin:p:D

Last edited:

Proserpina

because he used me to get a green card

why eles
the papers i sign was not filed

never mind I just wanted to know if anyone knew how to find someone

thats a illgal citzen with out ins.
Look, I'm not being mean, but you really need to be clearer.

Now, DOES he have a green-card?

When was this issued?

What does the last line mean?

Proserpina

Ms. Doggie, can you please edit out my terrible speeling (sic). You'd think I was a first grader the way I demolished the word magic.

...and I'm not even on my first drink yet. Thanks, love:)
No sooner said, mah love!

(And jes' fer the record, I really do hate when our time is wasted like this. If you're unwilling to answer the questions asked of you, it might be better to find another forum)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">