• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? New York

i am involved in a very long drawn out divorce litigation; it is my belief that i am in this situation merely because my STBX is just being bitter. i am the defendant in my situation and we are going on 2 and 1/2 years. I am the one that continues to make the offers and regardless of what they are she simply says "no".

i could offer her 1 million dollars and she would say no i want 1.5 million.

the question is kind of rediculous, but does anyone have any advice on how i can persuade my stbx to start acting rationally? the only reason that everything has become protracted is because of spite. she is the one that commited adultry so there is no reason for her to be this biiter towards me.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? New York

i am involved in a very long drawn out divorce litigation; it is my belief that i am in this situation merely because my STBX is just being bitter. i am the defendant in my situation and we are going on 2 and 1/2 years. I am the one that continues to make the offers and regardless of what they are she simply says "no".

i could offer her 1 million dollars and she would say no i want 1.5 million.

the question is kind of rediculous, but does anyone have any advice on how i can persuade my stbx to start acting rationally? the only reason that everything has become protracted is because of spite. she is the one that commited adultry so there is no reason for her to be this biiter towards me.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask
Do you have an attorney? If so, ask him/her about setting a date for a final hearing.

i do have an attorney, we have set up countless dates for final hearings, one way or another the opposition always finds a way to postpone. whether they don't show up, they make some excuse to leave early, or my personal favor, last time they didn't show up and called some other atty from some other town and told him that they couldn't make it, the morning of the hearing. so i wasted time and money showing up to the hearing that everyone knew was cancelled except us.

They have not complied with any discovery attempts, nor subpoenas that we have sent. we had one round of Ebt's and the st bx lied her ass of throughout. and left substantial proof of such.

Gracie3787

i do have an attorney, we have set up countless dates for final hearings, one way or another the opposition always finds a way to postpone. whether they don't show up, they make some excuse to leave early, or my personal favor, last time they didn't show up and called some other atty from some other town and told him that they couldn't make it, the morning of the hearing. so i wasted time and money showing up to the hearing that everyone knew was cancelled except us.

They have not complied with any discovery attempts, nor subpoenas that we have sent. we had one round of Ebt's and the st bx lied her ass of throughout. and left substantial proof of such.
Talk to your attorney about it. In most states there are laws/rules that allow a court to hold a final hearing when it is obvious that one party is deliberately delaying.

just because its easier to be bitter than rationale? it just doesnt make sense that someone would waste that much energy for spite alone. it is much simpler to just get along.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are asking us to make an opinion on someone we KNOW NOTHING about with very little facts from your side of the situation. Maybe your spouse is not being bitter and you just believe she is. In that case you may always perceive her as bitter whether she is or not. Therefore it is likely that she will continue to be bitter and spiteful.

Bali Hai

You are asking us to make an opinion on someone we KNOW NOTHING about with very little facts from your side of the situation. Maybe your spouse is not being bitter and you just believe she is. In that case you may always perceive her as bitter whether she is or not. Therefore it is likely that she will continue to be bitter and spiteful.
Oh brother. Typical for a woman to protect another woman by suggesting that the man has the problem. :rolleyes:

Everybody knows that the courts are soft on these spiteful B@#%^^$! and if a man tried any of the BS she is getting away with, there would all kinds of contempt orders flying.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh brother. Typical for a woman to protect another woman by suggesting that the man has the problem. :rolleyes:

Everybody knows that the courts are soft on these spiteful B@#%^^$! and if a man tried any of the BS she is getting away with, there would all kinds of contempt orders flying.
I said maybe. But it is also possible that she is being very spiteful and bitchy. Trust me. I have encountered many like that. But we still cannot guess HOW LONG she will continue being that way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">