• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need big help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lady lost

:confused: i live in indiana,i have filed for a divorce.I have 2 protective orders on him now & another when he gets severed his divorce papers.I have had him arrested 2 days after the 1st order was in afect for violating the order.
we have 42 acres of land ,1 remodled house,2barns,1chicken house,1 garage& 1 trailer on the property.In Indiana the law is 50/50.He says to sell everything.Now how will this work?will i get half of the sale or do we pay off everything then i get half of whats left?The last 20 acres we bought was for $90,000.00.Does this mean i will end up with nothing?
any advise will help.
thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lady lost said:
:confused: i live in indiana,i have filed for a divorce.I have 2 protective orders on him now & another when he gets severed his divorce papers.I have had him arrested 2 days after the 1st order was in afect for violating the order.
we have 42 acres of land ,1 remodled house,2barns,1chicken house,1 garage& 1 trailer on the property.In Indiana the law is 50/50.He says to sell everything.Now how will this work?will i get half of the sale or do we pay off everything then i get half of whats left?The last 20 acres we bought was for $90,000.00.Does this mean i will end up with nothing?
any advise will help.
thank you

My response:

Can you tell me the significance of your having told me that you "have 2 protective orders on him now & another when he gets severed his divorce papers. I have had him arrested 2 days after the 1st order was in afect for violating the order" ?

I'm trying to find the "connection" between that fact, and your issue concerning the division and sale of your property. I presume, at least in your mind, that there is some "connection" between the two facts situations, and I just can't find it.

Since I don't want to make a mistake in my eventual answer to you, and presuming you wouldn't have told me about the "protective order" issue unless there was some sort of connection with the sale and division of the property, I am hoping you can enlighten me with further facts that will connect the two issues.

Thank you.

IAAL

lady lost

there is no connection.with everything that has happened in these 3 weeks everything is running together in my head.The other is a story in itself.

lady lost

:( there is no conection with the protective orders & the property.these last 3 weeks have been real hard & everything is running threw my head at once.sorry for the confusion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">