• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need a Divorce and I can't afford one

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rardis01

Texas
How do you get a divorce when you have no job (and can't find one) and no one to help? This is my fourth marriage and I thought I finally found the right one! He is a hard working man, but on the weekends it's all about parting and I can't handle it any more. I love my friends but not as parting buddies. My Husband isn't sensitive to my needs. Some times he thinks that I don't know what I'm talking about just because I'm a woman. It's like talking to a brick wall. I am byepolar and I just got on meds to help with some things that I have been dealing with in my life. I'm not happy!:(

mistoffolees

Texas
How do you get a divorce when you have no job (and can't find one) and no one to help? This is my fourth marriage and I thought I finally found the right one! He is a hard working man, but on the weekends it's all about parting and I can't handle it any more. I love my friends but not as parting buddies. My Husband isn't sensitive to my needs. Some times he thinks that I don't know what I'm talking about just because I'm a woman. It's like talking to a brick wall. I am byepolar and I just got on meds to help with some things that I have been dealing with in my life. I'm not happy!:(
Talk with an attorney. Some will work out payment plans or arrange to be paid from marital assets (if they are sufficient). In very rare cases, you might find one to do it pro bono, but that's not particularly likely. There may be a self-help service in your area. Call the county clerk.

You are able to file for a divorce on your own (pro se), but you need to do it properly, so make sure you become familiar with the process by spending a lot of time at the library learning the process.

Or, just spend the time finding a job so you can pay for one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">