• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Melissa Woods

What is the name of your state? IN

My husband has decided to divorce me while i'm pregnant. He is the only income in our household. Now he has left taking his money and leaving me alone. I want to know what he is legally responsible for besides the child. We have also only been married under a year, can i receive alimony?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You're not going to receive alimony. He will likely be responsible for some portion of the medical expenses for the child, and, of course, child support.

LdiJ

stealth2 said:
You're not going to receive alimony. He will likely be responsible for some portion of the medical expenses for the child, and, of course, child support.
Actually, an attorney might be able to get her some temporary maintenance due to the pregnancy....since they are married and its not an unwed situation. However since she obviously has no resources of her own a trip to the welfare department is probably in order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">