What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Hello all. I have a couple of quick questions trying to understand how a no contact order would work in a somewhat non-traditional sense. My mother has schizophrenia as well as many other various mental health disorders. She is now in a county home for the disabled, and I talk to her every day, but she is overprotective and calls 25+ times a day from the facility. Both my girlfriend and I have been forced to change our phone numbers, and I have been recently fired from my job because my mother kept calling the company phone number. My girlfriend's mother, unfortunately, gave my mother her number and now she calls and harasses my girlfriend's mother. I am in this position where now I am catching flack from multiple people, when it's not even my fault. My girlfriend, her mother, my old boss, and even I have called the facility several times over the last year or so this has been going on but to no avail. They just tell me that they have no control over the resident phone (they aren't allowed cell phones) but I think they should have discretion over who calls whom and the number of calls each day. So, this brings me to the following questions:
1. How does the process work, taking into consideration she is located in a different county than me and the other parties involved?
2. How much does it cost to get a no contact order?
3. Would anybody else, say the care facility, be responsible for these costs? Or possibly any costs associating phone number changes?
4. If my mother were to violate the order, who would be held legally responsible? My mother, who is a Dependant adult, or the county home/whomever is her guardian?
5. Lastly, if I wanted a no contact order from my mother, would I be put into a position to where I couldn't visit her/call her? I don't want to be totally cut off from my disabled mother; I love her very much and want to stay in touch and get information regarding her care as I am the only family she has. It is just that I am now a grown man and I have to not be bothered at work and I don't want to drag other people like my girlfriend and her mother into this situation. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks!!!